Thursday, August 21, 2008

Routine

This next Monday school starts again. So I have been trying to get C- and T- back into the routine of going to bed by 8. So I needed to get on the ball and make sure that we eat at a reasonable time. I also decided to get J- into the same routine. Both C- and T- have been going to bed during schooltime at 8 since age of 3 because of Preschool but I had not yet gotten J- into the routine so no time like now. Right? We started this Monday but it did not quite work. Randy was off and was playing with the kids in the back yard and it is not that often that he is home to play. So I just let them all play. They finally was in bed by 9. Randy read to J- in his room and I read to C- and T- in C-'s room. Randy fell asleep before J-. (Poor guy. All that hard work) They did not settle down until almost 10. J- was having a hard time that night.
Tuesday was a little better but not much. J- still had a hard time, but I kept putting J- in his bed when he came out to were I was.
Wednesday was Boy Scouts so dinner was a later then I wanted, and then the neighbor wanted to play with C-, and T-. So they once again went to bed later then I wanted then to.
Thursday was better but still had some whining about going to bed at that time.
Tomorrow we met the kids teacher 8 in the morning.
I hope I can get up that early. I also have been trying to go to bed early to because it will affect me to. I sure am not in the same routine of when I was younger.... going to bed by 9 each night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just keep trying! Mom