Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dodger trip




This last Monday we left to go to California to see a baseball game on Tuesday. The Dodgers play against the Phillies. We stayed at my parents house Monday and Tuesday night. When we arrived my parents, Lisa, Kim and Aaron were there. We ate dinner and then had FHE, and then we had birthday cake and ice cream to celebrate Randys birthday. It was fun seeing everyone.

After I had the kids asleep I stayed up talking to Lisa and Keith. Lisa and I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning. Why is it that we do that? Because we love to catch up on each others lives. But we pay for it later.

The next day was the game. It was a night game but we wanted to go to Griffith Park so we left around noon and ate lunch there at the park.

We wanted to go to the Griffith Observitory but we went to the Gene Autry Museum instead. We were not able to see all of the museum so next time we go to a game we are planning on seeing the rest of it. T- and J-loved seeing a Cowboy. They even got to dress up like cowboys.






Then on to the game. We were early so were able to park really close. Randy got the "all you can eat" tickets. Before the game Randy was able to do something that he has never done before... he was able to watch batting practice on a designated fenced in area on the field. I think the kids loved being able to eat all the Dodger Dogs, soda, and nachos they could. I felt sorry for the 2 guys on the end of seats because the kids or Randy or I had to keep getting up for something. For most of the game the score was pretty close but at the last second the Dodgers scored and won the game. Really excited at the point. The final score was 4 to 3. GO DODGERS!!!!




Randy loves to get signitures on his bats and baseballs. So the rest of us waited in the van after the game while he did this. I call Randy a "autogragh seeker".
We did not arrive back at my parents until 1 in the morning. Lisa was up waiting up for us. To my surprise Randy stayed up with us till 3. I had found out that the night before Lisa was not able to get sleep before she went to work, so she must of been really tired by Wednesday. I hope you got more sleep Lisa.





Wednesday before we left Randy and I wanted to see the 2-story Target with the escalator for your cart that goes up and down. It was cool!


We left to go home soon after that. When we were in Baker we made a little stop down the road. We saw were my brother possible had to hike for the Kelso hike. It that must of been one hot and hard hike.


We made it home in one piece with no harm happening to us! We all had a good time.

No comments: