I thought that I would write a blog about my sisters. I have 3 sisters. There is 20 months between Lisa and I, 4 years between Jeanne and I and 10 years between Kim and I. We did not get along all the time growing up. Especially before our teenage years. But then something happened when we became teenagers. We got along better. Sure we still fought but not as often. I shared a room the most with Jeanne. I remember one time we got in a huge pillow fight and feathers were flying everywhere. When were switched out our bed there was still some under our bed and that was years after the fight.With each one of my sisters there is a special bond. I know that each one of would do anything for the others. There is times when I really miss my sisters. Lisa and Kim still live in California not to far away from each other. But Jeanne and I are in different states but I am 6 hours away from all 3 of them. I always say that I am the "pit stop" between California and Utah.
When I think of one word to describe Lisa I would say hearts. Hearts to me is a symbol of love, caring, kindness, fun, protector and giving. Lisa is all of these. She loves to sent things to my sons when it is their birthday, Christmas time, and she makes sure that they have some school supplies. She loves to call and talk to Christopher on the phone. I know that he loves it too. A lot of times I don't even get to talk to her or my mom when they call.I think the best times that I had with her was when we were in Young Adult Ward and Sorority together. Now those where so fun times. Lisa got married 7 months before me, but still lived in the same city. For some reason we did not see a lot of each other. Then I moved away and it is even less seeing each other.
I can't describe Jeanne in one word. She is so fun to be around and she makes sure you are having fun too. I use to tease her about wearing stripes and flowers together. I guess unique, one of a kind describes her. She's... Jeanne. She and I have some things in common... both start with "J's" and married someone that starts with "R's", have 3 children, and we both love to dance. She knows how to laugh when life if hard. She is one strong tough woman.Growing up I would hope that she thought we were close. She along with all my sisters has a special place in my heart.
Jeanne was the first one to get married and move away. I think that I had a hard time after she moved. For a time before she got married we were not really getting along and she was going thur life changing events in life.
The one word that describes Kim is laughter. She is the one that makes me laugh the most. She just knows how to do it. But I did not discover that until years later. You have to remember there is quite a few years between us. So we did not share teenage years together. I think one of my favorite memories with her was chasing a blimp around town. It was out of the blue and fun to do. I think that Kim felt left out at times because her older sister got to do things that she did not. But now she is the life of the party.I am so lucky to have the sisters that I have. I hope that we will always remain close. I can't imagine life with out each one of them. There was one time we were all together and laughing that one of my sisters fell out of her chair and another sisters side and back was hurting from laughing so hard. Laughter does wonders. I have a lot of fond memories with all my sisters. I consider all my sisters my friend also. I love you all!!





4 comments:
it's ok. you can admit that it was ME who fell out of the chair. thanks for the kind words. i love you more than i know to say... Maybe someday i'll write a silly song about it with interpretative dancing. =)
awesome. Judi you are wonderful! I'm glad we can still make each other laugh and that we stopped biting and pulling hair!
I am so glad all of us are sisters. We are so blessed.
We have so many memories together...maybe it's me that has so many memories because I have been around so long. LOL. I am thinking of skipping 39 and just going right to 40...what do ya think??? Love Y'all :-)
How lucky to have sisters. I have none... That is why the Lord sent me 4 wonderful, loving, beautiful, and funny daughters!!! Mom
Post a Comment