The first thing that came to my mind w
as my 7th birthday when my dad and I spend the whole day together. That was really special to me because it is not that very often that I had my dad all to myself. We went to the Marina and watched the boats. He took me to buy some new shoes... I can still see them in my mind. They were blue Nikes with 3 yellow stripes on them. We also went to the Drive-in-movies.When I was in High School I do remember my dad having to pick me up from a library on his motorcycle because that was the only working form of transportation. So when it came time on Sunday he would take us one at a time up to church and then back home again. Luckily we were going to the Henderson building instead of the 15 minute drive to Santa Paula building.
Of course I have gone camping with the whole family. I really enjoying camping with the family. My dad does a great job making sure that we are were all fed. I am sure that my mom enjoys that time off from cooking. My family has made it an annual thing to do. I think that started when my oldest was 2. But unforturnately we have only been able to make it to 2 of them since then.

The latest place that I have been with my dad would be the big family reunion at Bear Lake, Utah. It was all the family from Grandma W. and her 2 brothers on down. That was 4 generations. There was a lot of people there and a lot of fun. Our family stayed in a condo. I think there was 20 people in there. It was a 3 store place. I am so glad we were able to go and see everyone. There was the lake there to get wet in, waverunners to explore the water on, caves to see, and close by, old Tabernacle and the National California/Oregeon Trail center to take a tour in. During the day it was basically "Free time". Every night there was a big gathering of everyone at a park with activties honoring Great Grandma Bea and Great Grandpa Gunnar.

I hope that you enjoyed reading about some of my memories with my dad. He is an awsome man. Love ya Dad!





2 comments:
What a Great Idea...Now I have a idea for FHE
It Was Good.
Post a Comment