For Christmas Santa brought C- some brakes for his bike and me a piece that controls the chain. Randy fixed C-'s brakes and I had a neighbor that works on bikes for fun fix my bike.
Today all of us went on a bike ride to test drive my bike. We have not gone on a ride with all of us in a long time. We went on a new path that none of us have been on past a certain point. We all had gloves on and jackets zipped and of course our helmets on. J- rode in the bike trailer that was pulled behind Randy. We all had fun and it was sure nice to get back to our warm home. I made Hot chocolate to warm us.
For my goal at the beginning of the school year I wanted to ride my bike with the kids to school and from to pick T- up from school. (But I let C- come home on his own) The first day I had J- ride his own bike but he did not want to ride past a certain point so now I just ride Randy's bike that pulls the bike trailer with J- in it. I have ready been doing a good job of it. Even rode in the rain one day. But what has helped me keep this goal is that my van has not been working since the beginning of November. That is not the fun part of it.
I think that kids love riding their bikes to school, and we get in our exercise at the same time.
My goal for this summer is to get J- not afraid of riding his bike so he will be alright to ride to Kindergarden next year.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I am glad you are able to have the chance to ride with your kids to school. Sounds like they all enjoy it. I'll be glad when spring and summer are here so we can go riding again.
Sounds like fun riding with the boys, I think bike riding is such a bonding experience, they will always remember doing that with you. I starting riding with my sons when they were babies, Ryan will still ride with me and he is 20 now. We go on the horse trail, ride the river bed and go riding along the beach in Huntington or Long Beach. We used to have such fun riding when they were younger too, we used to ride when it was dark on the trail with our flash lights and laugh because it was so dark, like we were going to see bears or something. Now I ride everyday on the trail with my little Ryan, my daycare boy that is 4, he loves riding with me when the others nap. I got him a "princess" bike at a garage sale, he wasn't so happy about the purple princess bike at first ha ha. Now if I can get Woody to sit in a basket or run along side of me I will have it made. I really enjoy reading your stories, love Aunt Diane.
Post a Comment