Today at 6:30 the phone rang. It was Randy asking me to come where he was. Which was downtown. I was not quite awake yet so forgot to ask what was wrong. After I wake up a little more these thought came to me... Did he lock his keys in the truck again? Did I need to bring anything with me? Why did he need me right now?
So I got the kids out of bed and was finishing getting dressed when he called again. Something was wrong with his truck and wanted me to tow him back to a mechanic by our house.
The last couple of times I drove his truck I could tell that it was not running the way it should. But when I said something to Randy he acted like nothing was wrong. It felt like his clutch was going. But he had his clutch replaced last October.
So any who we towed the truck to the mechanic and before we left the mechanic got in Randy's truck and because he could shift gears he told us it was the Transmission that had gone out. OUCH!!!! That's gonna cost a pretty penny. Which we do not have. Time went by and Randy was thinking of doing it himself. What!? Wait!! When would he have time to do that? Between two jobs and very little sleep.
So off Randy went with the van to finish working. Didn't I just do this! Stuck with no vehicle for 4 months! I thought I did my time.
So as the day pasted by, I was starting to think that I would have to get a ride all the way across town to drop off my kids so I could go to the Sleep Over coming up for the R.S. It would have to be someone that does not have elementary age kids. I was planning on taking Christopher out of school early just so I could make it back in time to meet at the church. I had did not part and found someone to watch my kids. And now this. Am I not suppose to go?
When Randy came home from one job and had to get ready for the other one he said that the mechanic was going to call and let him know about his truck but if they could not get a hold of him then they would call me. So the plan was that we would tow it back home when he got home from work at 2 in the morning. Then he would figure out what to do next.
Then came the phone call. It was the mechanic. He said that the truck would be fixed by Monday. I was all "WHAT!? Randy approved for the transmission?" He then said it was covered under the warranty. SO it did turn out to be the clutch. The mechanic said that he had never seen anything like it. The clutch just "Exploded". Wow! how does that happen?
I felt a huge weight come off my shoulders. So I called Randy right away to tell him the great news. He was very relieved.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
It's nice to know we are so blessed for our efforts. I am glad it wasn't anything major.
Post a Comment