Wednesday, May 13, 2009

R S Sleepover

On the 1st and 2nd of May the R.S. had a sleep over. It was lots of fun and I am so glad that I was able to go. Thanks to Randy's cousin that watched my children. It was held in Utah in the Cedar mountains in two cabins that are owned by two families on our ward. I thought for sure that I would have to sleep on the floor but I got a bed.

There was about 34 sisters that was able to make it. What a great turn out. There was lots of fun and getting to know each other better. I was so looking forward to being able to sleep in but I was in the first group that helped make breakfast. Some of the sister forgot that we were going on Nevada time and started on Breakfast an hour before I got there to help. That was nice not to have to do a lot of work. I was up by 6:30 Nevada time. I could not even sleep in a little more. my body just would not do it. The one chance I could sleep in and just could not.

On Saturday there was workshops to go to....





I make a Popsicle craft,


got my toe nails painted,
Thanks Sarah


hands massaged, and parafin wax done on my hands,
Thanks Julie and Mary


and tried to figure out what type of personality I have.
Thanks Michelle



And even stood on the balcony and took in the beauty of the mountains.


All with in two hours.
Then it was time to clean up and and head home. What a fun time I had.
A few days later My family called saying that my dad and 2 of my sisters went to a Father/Daughter outing and that they had missed me. But they were glad that I had my our get away.
Then a few days later I got a card in the mail from one of my sisters and I thought that I would share part of it. "I am so glad you had a great time at the 'girls retreat'. I have learned that it is so important to have sisters!!! I am glad you have sisters in your ward that can stand in for your other sisters when we are apart." That is so true!!! where would we all be if we did not have sisters. Wheather they be your relative or a soul sister. It is so important to have sisters that are also your friends. So we can stand and lift each other up. We all need each other. Like what I learned from one of the sister that talked to us at the sleepover. We need to GATHER TOGETHER, and not separate. So to all the sister in my ward Thank you for being there when I so need it.

3 comments:

proud mom! said...

That sounds like you had so much fun. I think that all the wards should do something like that for the RS. It would be alot of fun.

christopher said...

That sounds like you had so much fun

Sanders said...

I'm so sad that I missed this! Next time for sure!